Gunther Paul Hashida was a Japanese-American man from Dumfries, Virginia, United States. He was married to Romelia Hashida.
Born in Fairfax, Virginia, Gunther was a police officer in Washington, D.C., USA. Here are 13 more things about him:
- In May 2003, he joined the Metropolitan Police Department of the District of Columbia, also known as the Metropolitan Police Department and the DC Police. (a)
- In 2004, he and Romelia got married. (b)
- He and Romelia have three children namely Victoria Hashida, Gunther Hashida Jr. and Josh Hashida.
- In 2015, his annual wage as a DC Police officer was $72,866. (c)
- In 2016, his annual wage as a DC Police officer was $78,804. (c)
- In 2017, his annual wage as a DC Police officer was $81,168. (c)
- In 2018, his annual wage as a DC Police officer was $81,168. (c)
- On January 6, 2021, he was one of the DC Police officers who responded to the U.S. Capitol in Washington, D.C. That day, Donald Trump supporters breached the building while a joint session of Congress was certifying the vote of the Electoral College and affirming Joe Biden‘s victory in the 2020 U.S. presidential election. (a) (b) (d)
- On July 29, 2021, he died my suicide. (a)
- He died one week before his 44th birthday. (a)
- At the time of his death, he was assigned to the emergency response team within the Special Operations Division of the DC Police. (a)
- His funeral service will be held at the Mountcastle Turch Funeral Home and Crematory in Dale City, Virginia on August 7, 2021. He will be buried at Dumfries Cemetery in Dumfries. (e)
- He is the third DC Police officer who responded to the U.S. Capitol on January 6, 2021 confirmed to have committed suicide. (a)