Rehema “Remi” Muthamia is a health technology consultant and a beauty queen from England. She is of Kenyan descent.
Muthamia is using her platform to raise awareness of domestic abuse, which she experienced herself, and advocate for increased representation of ethnic minorities within the STEM field. Here are 13 more things about her:
- She was born in England to Kenyan parents.
- She spent part of her childhood in Kenya.
- She speaks four languages.
- She enjoys salsa and bachata.
- She lives with her grandmother in Luton Bedfordshire.
- She is Lorenzo Dixon‘s former girlfriend. In February 2019, they broke up weeks after she had a miscarriage.
- In February 2019, Dixon started bombarding her with calls, emails and unwanted gifts. In July 2020, he was charged with stalking and harassment, which he admitted in court in February 2021. On April 6, 2021, magistrates in Brighton gave him a 12-month community order and a restraining order and required him to have 30 hours of rehab and pay her £500.
- In September 2020, she graduated from The Sussex University with an integrated master’s degree in the field of genetics.
- On February 13, 2021, she competed against seven other candidates at the inaugural Miss All African Colours England and won the title.
- While reigning as Miss All African Colours England 2021, she raised money for Women’s Aid.
- On August 27, 2021, she competed against 42 other Miss England 2021 finalists at the Heart of England Conference and Events Centre Coventry in Coventry, West Midlands, England and won the title, making her England’s Miss World 2021 candidate, alongside Mister England 2021 Liam Royce Ulla.
- She was 25 years old when she was crowned Miss World England 2021.
- On December 16, 2021, she will represent England at Miss World 2021 at the Coca-Cola Music Hall in San Juan, Puerto Rico.