Sam Asghari is an American personal trainer, model and actor of Iranian descent. He is also a former football player.
Asghari is 6’2″ tall. Here are 13 more things about him:
- Born Hesam Asghari in Tehran, Iran, he is the youngest among the four children of Mike Asghari and Fatima Asghari. He has three older sisters namely Maddy Asghari, Ellie Asghari and Faye Asghari. In 1996, his father went to the United States to work as a tow truck driver.
- His favorite Britney Spears song is “Stronger,” which was recorded in November 1999 and released on October 31, 2000.
- As a little boy, he played soccer in Iran. In 2006, he moved to the U.S. while his sisters and their mother stayed in Iran. He and his father lived in Los Angeles, California, USA.
- When he was a freshman in Westlake High School in Westlake Village, California, he joined the school’s football team. He was in the team until he graduated in 2012.
- After high school, he went to Lincoln, Nebraska, USA to participate in a football program at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. Before his freshman year, he was cut from the program so he moved back to Los Angeles to play for Moorpark College in Moorpark, California. He also left Moorpark College, gave up on football and enrolled in Los Angeles Pierce College to study criminal justice.
- In 2013, he worked as a Best Buy clerk, a Gold’s Gym sales representative and a nightclub bouncer while sharing a two-bedroom apartment in Los Angeles with two other roommates. In the same year, he lost almost 100 lbs.
- In 2015, his sister Faye, who had moved to the U.S., convinced him to audition for her fashion designer friend Michael Costello. The audition led to his first runway show in Palm Springs, California.
- He was 22 years old when he booked his first commercial in 2016, which was a Super Bowl ad for Toyota Prius. He played a construction worker in the music video of the Fifth Harmony song “Work From Home,” which was released in February 2016. He played himself in the “Star Trek” parody film “Unbelievable!!!!!,” which was released in Los Angeles on September 16, 2016 and online on August 1, 2020. In October 2016, he met Spears while filming the music video of her song “Slumber Party” in California. He and Spears exchanged phone numbers and started dating.
- He is 12 years younger than Spears. On January 1, 2017, she took to Instagram to share a photo of him putting his arm around her at dinner.
- He made his film debut by playing Omar in “Can You Keep a Secret?,” which was released on September 13, 2019. He played a security guard in “NCIS” Season 17 episode 10 “The North Pole,” which aired on December 17, 2019.
- He played Armeen in “The Family Business” Season 2 episode 4 “Heat It Up!,” which aired on July 2, 2020.
- In 2021, he appeared in television series “Hacks” and “Black Monday.”
- On September 12, 2021, he and Spears were engaged.