James “Jamie” Parnell Spears is a father of three. He was born in Kentwood, Louisiana, United States to June Austin Spears and Emma Jean Forbes Spears.
Jamie was 13 years old when Emma Jean committed suicide on the grave of her infant son in 1966. Here are 13 more things about Jamie:
- From 1972 to 1975, he was married to Debbie Sanders Cross. They remained friends after their divorce.
- In 1974, he was arrested on drug and driving while intoxicated charges.
- In 1976, he married Lynne Irene Bridges.
- In 1977, Bridges gave birth to their first child Bryan James Spears. Bryan became a film and television producer. Bryan and his ex-wife Graciella Sanchez‘s daughter Sophia Alexandra “Lexie” Spears was born in 2011.
- In 1980, Bridges filed for divorce, requesting a temporary restraining order.
- In 1981, he and Bridges reconciled and she gave birth to their second child Britney Jean Spears. Britney became a singer, songwriter, dancer and actress. Britney and her ex-husband Kevin Federline have two children together namely Sean Preston Federline and Jayden James Federline, who were born in 2005 and 2006, respectively.
- In 1991, Bridges gave birth to their third child Jamie Lynn Spears. Jamie Lynn became an actress and singer. Jamie Lynn and her ex-boyfriend Casey Aldridge‘s daughter Maddie Briann Aldridge was born in 2008. Jamie Lynn and her husband Jamie Watson‘s daughter Ivey Joan Watson was born in 2018.
- In May 2002, he and Bridges divorced.
- In 2004, he went to rehab for alcohol addiction.
- In 2008, Britney was placed on a three-day psychiatric hold two separate times. Following the second hold, he filed a petition to institute a temporary conservatorship of Britney, which was made permanent before the year ended. He acted as the conservator of Britney’s personal affairs and co-conservator of her finances alongside Andrew Wallet.
- In 2012, his father died.
- In 2019, Wallet resigned from his position as co-conservator of Britney’s finances. In the same year, he suffered a near-fatal colon rupture and while undergoing surgery, he temporarily stepped back from his duties as Britney’s sole caretaker.
- On June 23, 2021, Britney said at her conservatorship court hearing, “My dad and anyone involved in this conservatorship and my management who played a key role in punishing me, they should be in jail.” His attorney Vivian Thoreen released a statement saying, “He’s sorry to see his daughter suffering in so much pain. Mr. Spears loves his daughter and misses her very much.” On September 29, 2021, he was suspended as Britney’s conservator.