Caroline Lee is a white woman from Florida, United States. Here are 10 more things about her:
- She also goes by Caroline Melanie Lee.
- She was an English teacher at Darnell-Cookman Middle/High School of the Medical Arts, a school within the Duval County Public Schools system in Jacksonville, Florida, USA.
- She is 5’2″ tall.
- Her registered weight is 117 lbs.
- On October 27, 2021, the Duval County Public Schools took to Instagram to congratulate her for being the Teacher of the Year at Darnell-Cookman Middle/High School of the Medical Arts. Several comments questioned the award including one from a female student accusing her of using the N word in class. She responded to the comment, admitting to using the N word in the classroom only when reading “Of Mice and Men,” a novel written by John Steinbeck and published in 1937.
- On October 29, 2021, she asked to speak privately in her classroom with the female student who commented on the Duval Public Schools’ Instagram post on October 27, 2021 and accused her of using the N word in class. She allegedly struck the student in the face and kicked the student on the lower leg. Later that day, she was arrested by Duval County School Police and charged with one count of child abuse.
- She was 60 years old when she was arrested on October 29, 2021.
- After her arrest on October 29, 2021, the Duval County Public Schools removed her from the classroom and announced that she would not return, pending judicial and internal procedures.
- On October 30, 2021, she made her initial court appearance and was released from Duval County Jail without bond.
- She is expected to be back in court on November 22, 2021.
(This is a developing story. More details will be added.)