Heather Mack is an African-American woman from Illinois, United States. Her father James L. Mack was an African-American jazz musician and composer while her mother Sheila von Weise-Mack was white socialite.
Heather grew up in Oak Park, Cook County, Illinois with her parents. Here are 13 more things about her:
- In 2001, he and her parents went on a Royal Caribbean Mediterranean cruise. During the trip, his father suffered a foot injury. He allegedly did not receive adequate medical treatment from the ship’s doctor, resulting in partial paralysis, so he sued Royal Caribbean. In 2011, a settlement in the lawsuit was reached with $340,667 awarded to her mother and $500,000 to the estate of her father after legal fees.
- Between January 2004 and June 2013, the police were called to their Oak Park home on 86 occasions on theft and domestic violence reports cases all relating to domestic incidents between her and her mother.
- A will dated August 1, 2006 willed her father’s entire estate to her. On August 6, 2006, her father died in his hotel from a pulmonary embolism while he was on vacation in Greece with her and her mother. She and her mother allegedly continued their vacation while her father’s body was left in the morgue. A judge in Cook County, Illinois later awarded her father’s $500,000 to her mother. She accused her mother of misleading the court to get the money.
- From 2010 to 2014, she attended Oak Park and River Forest High School. While a senior at the school, she started dating Tommy Schaefer, an unemployed rapper also known as Tommy EXX. He is two years older than her. Her mother allegedly did not approve of the relationship.
- In January 2010, she allegedly punched her mother’s broken ankle and stole $1000 from her.
- In February 2011, she allegedly broke her mother’s arm and then removed the phone cord to prevent her mother calling 911. In July 2011, she allegedly threatened her mother.
- In November 2012, she allegedly bit her mother, which left a bruise, but her mother reportedly refused to allow police to take photos of the bruise.
- She allegedly conspired with Schaefer to kill her mother while they were on vacation in Bali, Indonesia on August 12, 2014. She and her boyfriend allegedly put her mother’s body in a suitcase and left it in the trunk of a taxi, which later parked near the St. Regis Bali Resort in Nusa Dua, Bali. She was arrested and booked into the Kerobokan Prison in Kerobokan, Badung, Bali.
- On March 12, 2015, Schaefer confessed in court in Indonesia to killing her mother with a metal fruit bowl in a luxury hotel in Bali. She and Schaefer accused her mother of asking her to abort the couple’s unborn child. At around 5:00 a.m. on March 17, 2015, she was transported from Kerobokan Prison to Sanglah Hospital in Bali where she gave birth to their daughter Stella Schaefer via Ceasarian section.
- In April 2015, she and Schaefer were prosecuted and convicted in Indonesia for her mother’s murder. Mack. She was sentenced to 10 years in prison while Schaefer was sentenced to 18 years in prison.
- In August 2021, Indonesian president Joko Widodo decided to release her from the Kerobokan Prison for good behavior.
- On October 29, 2021, she was released from the Kerobokan Prison and deported to the U.S. while Schaefer remained in jail in Indonesia.
- She was 26 years old when she was arrested on November 3, 2021 upon her arrival at O’Hare International Airport in Chicago, Illinois. In a federal courtroom in Chicago, she pleaded not guilty to an indictment charging her with conspiracy to commit murder in a foreign country and obstruction of justice. Schaefer was charged with the same counts.
Categories: Asia, biographical data, Indonesia, LISTS, North America, United States
Leave a Reply