Perez Deshay Reed is an African-American man from Bellefontaine Neighbors, St. Louis County, Missouri. Here are 13 more things about him:
- His mother was a teen when he was born. She did not want to take care of him so his cousin Sherry Denise Williams served as a guardian for him.
- In 2015, he was charged with reckless driving in Charlack, St. Louis County.
- On June 4, 2016, he was arrested in St. Louis County and charged with domestic harassment.
- On August 3, 2016, he was arrested in St. Louis County and charged with first-degree arson. He was accused of setting on fire his extended family’s house in Ferguson, St. Louis County because no one would give him money. The family declined to testify against him so the case was ultimately dropped.
- In 2017, while he was incarcerated at the St. Louis County Justice Center in Clayton, St. Louis County, he filed a federal lawsuit accusing a public defender of deprivation of rights. The lawsuit was dismissed in 2018.
- On June 23, 2018, he was arrested in St. Louis County and charged with failure to drive in single lane.
- In 2019, he was charged with assault. On February 28, 2019, he was arrested in St. Louis County and charged with fare evasion.
- In early 2021, he worked at Sam’s Meat Market in Ferguson.
- His wife is a resident of Kansas City, Kansas, USA. In July 2021, she filed for divorce in Jackson County, Missouri. A court hearing is scheduled for December 2021.
- On September 12, 2021, he allegedly shot a man multiple times in the chest in St. Louis County. The alleged victim survived but was seriously injured and left with a permanent disability. On September 13, 2021, he allegedly fatally shot Marnay Haynes, 16, in St. Louis County. On September 16, 2021, he allegedly shot Pamela Abercrombie, 49, in St. Louis County. She died at a hospital. On September 19, 2021, he allegedly fatally shot Casey Ross, 24, in St. Louis County. On September 26, 2021, he allegedly fatally shot Lester Robinson, 40, in Ferguson.
- He allegedly shot Damon Irvin, 35, and Rau’Daja Fairrow, 25, who were found dead inside an apartment building in Kansas City on November 1, 2021 and on November 2, 2021, respectively.
- He was accused of using a .40 caliber Smith & Wesson pistol to shoot seven people from September 2021 to October 2021. He was in possession of the pistol when he was arrested a Federal Bureau of Investigation task force arrested him when he got off the bus in Independence, Missouri on November 5, 2021. He was charged with one count of first-degree assault, two counts of first-degree murder and three counts of armed criminal action.
- He was 25 years old when he was arrested on November 5, 2021. On November 8, 2021, he told a federal judge at a hearing that he normally takes Haldol but was not currently taking it. He did not say how long he had been off the antipsychotic drug.
(This is a developing story. More details will be added.)