Paulie Velez is from Florida, United States. Here are 10 more things about him:
- He is a resident of Cape Coral, Lee County, Florida.
- A peace sign is tattooed on his arm.
- A Buddhist symbol for enlightenment is tattooed on his neck.
- On December 5, 2019, he allegedly entered a 7-Eleven on Eighth Avenue in Midtown, Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States and stole two packs of cigarettes worth $33. He was arrested and charged with petit larceny.
- In February 2020, he allegedly dragged a woman from a sidewalk in Miami, Florida to a darkened area behind some bushes, put her in a chokehold and threatened to remove her pants. He allegedly threatened to shoot two witnesses who intervened but when police officers showed up, he ran, jumped fences and tried to hide in a condo complex. He was arrested and charged with battery, sexual battery and kidnapping. He pleaded guilty to a reduced charge but cut off his ankle monitor and fled Florida before his sentencing date so he was wanted in the state.
- At around 7:20 a.m. on November 11, 2021, while wearing a face mask and dressed in all black, he allegedly approached a female jogger, then 27, on a footpath near Swan Lake and Wollman Rink at the Central Park in New York, placed her in a chokehold until she lost consciousness, sexually assaulted her, stole her cellphone and fled the park.
- On November 12, 2021, the New York City Police Department released surveillance pictures of him taken on November 11, 2021.
- On November 13, 2021, he was at his mother’s home in Howard Beach, Queens, New York City when NYPD officers came knocking at the home. He tried to flee by running, jumping fences, hiding under a deck and leaping into a body of water. He was arrested at 12:50 a.m.
- He was 25 years old when he was arrested on November 13, 2021. During his arraignment that day in Manhattan Criminal Court on the Central Park attack, assistant district attorney Jacqueline Studley noted not only his felony assault conviction in Florida but also his previous convictions in Pennsylvania, USA and Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.
- On November 19, 2021, he will be back in court for the Central Park rape case.
- On December 13, 2021, he will be back in court in connection with the fugitive warrant from Florida.