Anthony Michael Huber of Silver Lake, Kenosha, Wisconsin, United States was one of the men shot by Kyle H. Rittenhouse. They were in the same Black Lives Matter demonstration in Kenosha on the evening of August 25, 2020.
That night, Rittenhouse was one of the armed civilians who wanted to protect businesses from vandalism. Huber was one of the protesters demanding justice for Jacob Blake, who was shot by Kenosha Police Department officer Rusten Sheskey shot Blake in the back at least eight times on August 23, 2020.
During the demonstration, Huber was carrying a skateboard while chasing Rittenhouse, who was running down the street carrying a Smith & Wesson AR-15 style .223 rifle. The former tried to wrest the rifle away from the latter but failed.
When Huber tried to hit Rittenhouse with his skateboard, the latter shot the former in the chest. Here are 13 more things about Huber:
- He was born in Kenosha to John Huber Jr. and Karen Bloom. He has six siblings namely Richard “RJ” Hughes, Caitlyn Hughes, Amber Beasley, John Gonzales, Jade Huber and Katlynn Norman.
- He attended Lincoln Middle School in Kenosha.
- His childhood friend Tim Kramer described him as “a class-clown-type of guy” who loved skateboarding.
- He was “a really sweet person” who “always had a smile on his face,” his friend Max Seebeck told Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- He was “all about street skating” and “all he would do was skateboard and make people smile,” his friend Justin Tawwater told Chicago Sun Times. The two often skated by the lakefront marina in Kenosha.
- He was 6’2″ tall.
- In 2012, he threatened his brother with a knife and choked his brother with his hands for 10 seconds before letting him go and retreating to the skate park, according to the Washington Post.
- In 2013, he pleaded guilty to false imprisonment and two felony counts of strangulation and suffocation, according to Insider. He was placed on probation.
- In 2017, he was sent to prison after violating the terms of his probation. He had a stepdaughter, who was born in 2017. She is the daughter of his girlfriend Hannah J. Trecker-Gittings from a previous relationship.
- In 2018, he was charged with disorderly conduct and he went back to prison after kicking his sister in their house following his release from jail.
- Prior to his death on August 25, 2020, he had been working to renovate and sell a home, according to Tawwater.
- He died at the age of 26.
- After his death, a stylist at Wild Heart Salon in Kenosha named Danielle Renee Aguilar-Rasmussen organized a GoFundMe fundraiser on behalf of Gittings, who was present during the incident on August 25, 2020. On November 19, 2021, Rittenhouse was found not guilty on one count of first-degree reckless homicide, two counts of first-degree intentional homicide and two counts of first-degree reckless endangerment.
Categories: advocacy, biographical data, crimes, Lifestyle, LISTS, North America, United States
He was a worthless POS and a criminal. Good riddance asshole.
This is Justin Tawwater I was born in 1991 please fix this. The sun times already corrected this error
@Libs Sucks, has your 2 dads stop molesting you yet ?
Is that why you rape animals and stalk little boys ?
he still dead? asking for a friend named kyle,…
lol look who’s suffocating in a dirt nap now. ha
Nice how you cleaned up his history. He held a knife on his brother and threatened to “gut [him] like a pig,” over the brother not cleaning the house fast enough. Then he threatened to burn the house down with the family, including his grandmother, in it. AND he strangled his brother in the same incident and kicked and beat his sister, just a couple years before his death. What a great guy.