Rudy Hermann Guede is an Ivorian man who grew up in Italy. Here are 13 more things about him:
- He was born in Abidjan, Ivory Coast.
- In 1991, he and his family moved to Perugia, Umbria, Italy. He was raised in Italy with the help of different people including his school teachers and a local priest.
- In 2004, he was adopted by a wealthy family in Perugia while his father returned to Ivory Coast.
- From 2004 to 2005, he played basketball for the Perugia youth team.
- On October 27, 2007, he was arrested in Milan, Italy after breaking into a nursery school.
- On November 1, 2007, he allegedly sexually assaulted and fatally stabbed Meredith Kercher at Via della Pergola 7 in Perugia. At around 11:30 p.m., he went to a nightclub. On November 20, 2007, he was arrested in Germany.
- On October 29, 2008, he was found guilty of murder and sexual assault and was sentenced to 30 years imprisonment.
- On November 18, 2009, his appeal started.
- On December 22, 2009, his sentence was reduced to 16 years on appeal.
- In May 2010, he filed his second appeal.
- On December 16, 2010, the Court of Cassation of Italy upheld his conviction.
- In December 2020, an Italian court granted him permission to finish the rest of his sentence with community service.
- He was 34 years old when he was formally released from prison in Italy on November 23, 2021. He would continue to work in the library at the Center for Criminology Studies in Viterbo, Italy, his attorney Fabrizio Ballarini said.