Derricka Patrick was a resident of Chicago, Illinois, United States. Here are 10 more things about her:
- She lived in Englewood, Chicago.
- She is Christine Blanton‘s daughter.
- She was the youngest of six siblings.
- She has one brother and four sisters including Dorothy Patrick.
- She worked as a hairstylist in South Side, Chicago.
- In 2012, she gave birth to a daughter.
- At around 7:00 p.m. on January 12, 2022, she was on her way to her cousin Devonta Anderson‘s birthday party with her niece, then 15, when they stopped at her house in Englewood. While her niece was in her house to pick up a cake, two gunmen approached her vehicle and shot her. She was taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center in Chicago where she was pronounced dead.
- She was 4 months pregnant when she was fatally shot on January 12, 2022. Her death was ruled a homicide.
- She died at the age of 29. Her murderers have yet to be determined.
- Her godmother Sabrina Harris described her as a “vibrant young lady” loved by her sisters, nieces, nephews and friends in an interview with NBC Chicago on January 14, 2022.
(This is a developing story. More details will be added.)