Lauren Smith-Fields was a black woman from Connecticut, United States. Here are 10 more things about her:
- She is Shantell Fields‘ daughter.
- She is Lakeem Jetter and Tavar Gray-Smith‘s sister.
- She graduated from Stamford High School in Stamford, Connecticut.
- Amid the new coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic in 2021, she lived in an apartment in Bridgeport, Connecticut while taking classes at Norwalk Community College in Norwalk, Connecticut and working as an eyebrow specialist and a babysitter.
- On December 6, 2021, she took to Instagram to share two photos of herself and captioned it “self destructive.” It was her last post on the social media site.
- On December 8, 2021, she met a white man on the dating app Bumble. His name is Matthew LaFountain, according to NBC New York.
- On the evening of December 11, 2021, LaFountain visited her in her Bridgeport apartment, which was the first time they met. They allegedly drank tequila. On the same evening, she brought out Jetter’s basket of clothes he was picking up. Jetter did not know she was with someone inside the apartment.
- At around 6:30 a.m. on December 12, 2021, LaFountain called 911 while in her Bridgeport apartment. He reported that he noticed that her nose was bleeding and she was not breathing. Bridgeport Police Department officers responded to the apartment and found her lifeless on the floor. He was the last person to see her alive.
- She died at the age of 23.
- On January 24, 2022, the medical examiner announced that her cause of death was acute intoxication due to the combined effects of fentanyl, promethazine, hydroxyzine and alcohol and her death was ruled an accident.