Morris Richard Jones III lived in Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States before moving to Phoenix, Arizona, USA. He also went by Petey Gunn, a childhood nickname his grandfather gave him.
Jones is a self-described member of the Hoover Crips Gang and he has five children. Here are 13 more things about him:
- In 2003, his first child was born.
- In 2004, he was sentenced to three years in jail on a stolen vehicle charge and incarcerated in the Oklahoma Department of Corrections in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
- In 2005, he was released from Oklahoma Department of Corrections. During a raid on a house later that year, he fled from police officers who saw him ditch a baggie of marijuana.
- In 2006, his second child was born. In the same year, he was the victim of a drive-by shooting but he refused to cooperate in the investigation. He fled in vehicles from officers in Tulsa three times that year.
- In 2007, a judge sentenced him to 60 months in jail on one charge and 20 months on another.
- In 2008, he unsuccessfully asked the court to set aside his convictions. He tried again in 2009 but failed.
- In 2012, his third child was born.
- In 2014, his fourth child was born. He was released on probation that year. Because of his drug use, he alternated between probation and prison from 2014 to 2016. In 2016, a judge ordered him to prison for four years.
- In 2019, he was released from jail.
- While living in Phoenix, he was arrested in 2020 on suspicion of transporting three undocumented immigrants from Mexico into the U.S. After pleading guilty to a conspiracy charge, he was given a conditional release pending sentencing. In July 2020, a judge allowed him to travel to Tulsa to celebrate a birthday party there with his four children. In August 2020, he was sentenced to 36 months probation on the smuggling charge.
- In May 2021, he tested positive for cocaine. In September 2021, he was sentenced to serve five months in prison followed by three years probation.
- In January 2022, his former girlfriend Shatifah Lobley gave birth to their daughter.
- On February 11, 2022, Phoenix Police Department officers responded to a house in Phoenix where a woman was reportedly shot. He was inside the house with Lobley, their baby and Lobley’s brother. He exchanged fire with the officers, injuring nine of them. He died from a gunshot wound while Lobley was critically wounded and later died. He died at the age of 36. She was 29. Their baby was not injured.