Anirban Lahiri is an Indian golfer based in Florida, United States. Hailing from a Bengali family, he was born in Pune, India.
Lahiri is 5’9″ tall. He speaks Bengali, Punjabi and English.
Aside from golf, Lahiri is also into computer gaming. Here are 13 more things about him:
- In 1995, he learned to play golf from his father Dr. Tushar Lahiri, an armed forces physician and a recreational golfer.
- He was 20 years old when he made his professional golf debut in 2007.
- In 2008, he joined the Asian Tour.
- In 2011, he won the Panasonic Open.
- In 2012, he won the Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) – State Bank of India (SBI) Open. He tied for 31st at The Open Championship 2012.
- In 2013, he finished third on the Order of Merit.
- In March 2014, he broke into the Top 100 in the Official World Golf Ranking for the first time. In May 2014, he and Ipsa Jamwal Lahiri got married. They have one child together and they live in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida.
- In 2015, he became the first Indian golfer to be named to the Presidents Cup. He tied for fifth at 2015 PGA Championship, tied for 30th at The Open Championship 2015 and tied for 49th at 2015 Masters Tournament.
- He tied for 42nd at 2016 Masters Tournament and tied for 68th at The Open Championship 2016.
- He tied for 75th at 2017 PGA Championship.
- In 2020, he finished 10th in the overall Korn Ferry Tour Finals standing and 219th in the FedEx Cup standings.
- In 2021, he finished 118th in the FedEx Cup.
- He was runner-up to Cameron Smith at the 2022 Players Championship, which was held at TPC Sawgrass in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida from March 10-14, 2022.