Hugrún Birta Egilsdóttir is an Icelandic makeup artist and beauty queen. She is into health, nutrition and martial arts.
Egilsdóttir enjoys travelling, working out and learning new languages. Here are 13 more things about her:
- She lives in Garðabær, Iceland.
- She was born and raised Reykjavik, Iceland. She is the youngest of five siblings.
- She was bullied as a child while living in poverty. Growing up, she moved to different places and changed schools several times.
- She is a blue belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu.
- In 2006, her parents divorced.
- In July 2017, she attended the Secret Solstice Festival in Reykjavik.
- Representing Garðabær, Iceland, she ranked second at Miss Universe Iceland 2019, winning the Miss Supranational Iceland 2019 title.
- While reigning as Miss Supranational Iceland 2019, she was pursuing a bachelor’s degree in marketing and working as a cosmetic brand manager.
- On December 6, 2019, she represented Iceland and competed against 76 other candidates at Miss Supranational 2019 at Katowice International Congress Centre in Katowice, Poland. She won the Europe’s Supra Model of the Year award and finished in the Top 25.
- In October 2020, she started working at Menntunarsjóður Mæðrastyrksnefndar Reykjavíkur in Reykjavik.
- Because of the new coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, Miss World Iceland 2021 was selected through online applications instead of the traditional competition. In November 2021, she was selected to represent Iceland at Miss World 2021.
- She was 26 years old when she was crowned Miss World Iceland 2021. In December 2021, she represented Iceland at Miss World 2021 and competed against 96 other candidates in San Juan, Puerto Rico. She was selected as one of the 40 quarterfinalists.
- On March 16, 2022, she competed against 39 other quarterfinalists during the Miss World 2021 coronation night at the Coca-Cola Music Hall in San Juan. She did not make it to the Top 13.