Shudufhadzo Musida is a South African author and beauty queen. Here are 13 more things about her:
- She was born in Ha-Masia, Limpopo, South Africa. Her first language is Tshivenda.
- She is an advocate for mental health awareness and educational and economic empowerment of women and children.
- She is 11 years older than her sister Zwonka Musida. Their mother Thandi Musida is a real estate agent.
- She is 5’81⁄2” tall.
- From 2016 to 2019, she attended the University of Pretoria in Pretoria, South Africa where she earned her bachelor’s degree in philosophy, politics and economics.
- From July 2019 to January 2020, she worked as a Scotch and Soda sales stylist.
- On October 24, 2020, she was crowned Miss South Africa 2020 at The Table Bay Hotel in Cape Town, South Africa.
- She was 23 years old when she was assigned as Miss World South Africa 2021 on December 10, 2020.
- On July 20, 2021, she obtained her honors degree in international relations from the University of Witwatersrand in Johannesburg, South Africa.
- Featuring art by Chantelle and Burgen Thorne, her book “Shudu Finds Her Magic” was released in August 2021.
- She and Miss World 1994 first runner-up Basetsana Kumalo graced the cover of the August-September 2021 issue of the True Love magazine.
- In December 2021, she represented South Africa at Miss World 2021 and competed against 96 other candidates in San Juan, Puerto Rico. She was selected as one of the 40 quarterfinalists.
- On March 16, 2022, she competed against 39 other quarterfinalists during the Miss World 2021 coronation night at the Coca-Cola Music Hall in San Juan. She did not make it to the Top 13.