Naomi Christine Irion was a resident of Nevada, United States. Here are 13 more things about her:
- Her parents Herve Irion and Diana Irion live in Pretoria, South Africa. When Diana was pregnant with her in Houston, Texas, USA, there was no amniotic fluid for weeks before she was born. Herve works for the U.S. Department of State in the U.S. Embassy in Pretoria.
- She graduated from the American International School of Johannesburg in Midrand, South Africa.
- She is Tamara Cartwright‘s sister.
- She had a septum piercing and a smile face tattoo on her right ankle. She was 5’11 tall and her registered weight was 240lbs.
- She was 14 years younger than her brother Casey Valley. While living with him in Fernley, Lyon County, Nevada, she worked at Panasonic Energy of North America in the Reno, Nevada area.
- On March 11, 2022, she went out on a date.
- Just before 5:30 a.m. on March 12, 2022, she was inside her 1992 Mercury Sable at the parking lot of a Walmart in Fernley, waiting for the shuttle to take her to work, when she was abducted allegedly by Troy Driver, then 41, of Fallon, Churchill County, Nevada, who was driving a Chevy High Country pickup truck. At the time of her disappearance, she had an iPhone and a dark-colored purse and was wearing a blue Panasonic shirt, a gray cardigan sweater, gray pants and knock-off Ugg boots.
- On March 14, 2022, Valley reported her missing.
- On March 15, 2022, her 1992 Mercury Sable was found abandoned next to the Sherman Williams Western Emulsion Plant, which is less than a mile from the Walmart parking lot in Fernley where she was abducted on March 12, 2022.
- On March 22, 2022, family, friends and complete strangers gathered at Out of Town Park in Fernley in support of her with a candlelight vigil.
- She was still missing when Driver was arrested on March 25, 2022 for her kidnapping. On March 28, 2022, the Federal Bureau of Investigation offered a reward of up to $10,000 for information leading to her location.
- At around 9:00 p.m. on March 29, 2022, her remains were found in a gravesite in a remote area of Churchill County, Nevada.
- She died at the age of 18.