Claudio Puelles Martinez is a Peruvian mixed martial artist. Here are 13 more things about him:
- He was born in Lima, Peru.
- His fight name is El Niño.
- He is a purple belt in Luta Livre.
- He is 6’0″ tall. He competes in the featherweight and lightweight divisions.
- In 2009, he started training Muay Thai. He later picked up grappling then transitioned to MMA.
- On July 17, 2013, he made his professional MMA debut at “300 Sparta 2” in Lima where he submitted Angel Alvarez of Lima via armbar. On August 24, 2013, he submitted Renzo Mendez of Lima via arm-triangle choke at “Inka FC 23” in Lima. On October 10, 2013, he defeated Manuel Meza of Lima via technical knockout at “300 Sparta 4” in Lima.
- On February 4, 2014, he submitted Guile Calvete of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil via rear-naked choke at “300 Sparta 5” in Lima. On April 16, 2014, he defeated Lander Duarte Alves of Sao Paulo, Brazil via unanimous decision at “Inka FC 25” in Lima. On July 30, 2014, he lost via unanimous decision to David Cubas of Callao, Peru at “Inka FC: Inka Warriors 1” in Lima, which marked his first professional MMA loss. On October 25, 2014, he submitted Edimar Martins Rayol of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil via kneebar at “Inka FC: Inka Warriors 2” in Lima.
- On April 18, 2015, he knocked out Alvaro Sugasti of Lambaré, Paraguay via head kick at “300 Sparta 6” in Lima.
- On November 5, 2016, he lost via TKO via punches to Martin Bravo of Baja California, Mexico at “The Ultimate Fighter Latin America 3 Finale” in Mexico City, Mexico.
- He was 22 years old when he joined the Ultimate Fighting Championship in 2018. On May 19, 2018, he submitted Felipe Silva of Minas Gerais, Brazil via kneebar at “UFC Fight Night 129” in Santiago, Chile, marking his UFC debut.
- On September 21, 2019, he defeated Marcos Mariano of Sao Paulo via unanimous decision at “UFC Fight Night 159” in Mexico City, Mexico.
- In 2021, he started training at Sanford MMA in Deerfield Beach, Florida, United States. On June 5, 2021, he defeated Jordan Leavitt of Nevada, USA via unanimous decision at “UFC Fight Night 189” in Las Vegas, Nevada. On December 4, 2021, he submitted Chris Gruetzemacher of Arizona, USa via kneebar at “UFC on ESPN 31” in Las Vegas.
- On April 23, 2022, he submitted Clay Guida of Illinois, USA via kneebar at “UFC Fight Night 205” in Las Vegas, which improved his professional MMA record to 12 wins and 2 losses.