Andreína Martinez Founier is a Dominican-American psychologist, model and beauty queen. She is fluent in Spanish and English and she loves sports, particularly volleyball and softball.
Martinez is from Santiago de los Caballeros, Dominican Republic and New York, United States. Here are 13 more things about her:
- From 2011 to 2015, she attended Bronx Bridges High School in the Bronx, New York City, New York. She was the school’s softball team captain.
- From 2015 to 2019, she attended the City College of the City University of New York (CCNY) in New York City where she earned her bachelor’s degree in psychology and Latin American studies. She graduated summa cum laude.
- From February 2016 to May 2016, she was a Spanish language tutor at the CCNY.
- In August 2016, she became an America Needs You ambassador. From August 2016 to August 2020, she was an academic tutor at the CCNY.
- From February 2017 to May 2017, she served as a legislative intern at the district office of Senator Jose Serrano in New York. During the same period, she was a Caucus CUNY scholar.
- From May 2017 to May 2019, she was a peer mentor of the SEEK Program at the CCNY.
- From September 2017 to May 2018, she was a health educator at Peer Health Exchange.
- From June 2018 to July 2018, she was a legislative intern at the office of Senator Kirsten E. Gillibrand in Washington, D.C., USA.
- From September 2018 to December 2018, she was a legislative budget intern at the New York City Council. In December 2018, the National council for Behavioral Health issued her mental health first aid certification.
- In August 2020, she became a Women’s Equality Center operations coordinator.
- On November 7, 2021, she represented the Dominican community in the United States at Miss Republica Dominicana 2021 and competed against 14 other candidates at the Salón de Eventos Sambil in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. She won the title.
- She was 24 years old when she was crowned Miss Universe Dominican Republic 2021. She was supposed to represent the Dominican Republic at Miss Universe 2021 in Eilat, Israel on December 12, 2021 but on November 16, 2021, it was announced that she tested positive for the new coronavirus (COVID-19) so she was replaced by Miss Republica Dominicana 2021 first runner-up Debbie Aflalo.
- She will represent the Dominican Republic at Miss Universe 2022.