Kailia Deliz Posey was a teenage beauty queen and contortionist from Washington, United States. Here are 10 more things about her:
- She is Marcy Posey Gatterman‘s daughter and Steve Gatterman‘s stepdaughter.
- She performed contortion with Cirque du Soleil.
- In 2009, she started competing in beauty pageants.
- In 2012, she appeared in an episode of “Toddlers and Tiaras” on TLC. She made a grinning face that went viral as a meme.
- In 2016, she appeared in another “Toddler and Tiaras” episode.
- She played Agnes in the Ciaran Foy film “Eli“, which was filmed in New Orleans, Louisiana, USA and released in the U.S. on October 18, 2019.
- In 2020, she entered Lynden High School in Lynden, Washington.
- She was named to the Lynden High School’s dean’s list for the 2020-2021 school year. She planned to study aviation in college and become a commercial pilot.
- She was Miss Lynden Teen USA 2022. On February 5, 2022, she competed at Miss Washington Teen USA 2022 at Renton IKEA Performing Arts Center in Renton, Washington. She was second runner-up to Kate Dixon.
- On May 2, 2022, her mother took to Facebook to announce her passing. She died at the age of 16. Her family told TMZ, “Although she was an accomplished teenager with a bright future ahead of her, unfortunately in one impetuous moment, she made the rash decision to end her earthly life.”