Barbaretta “Barbara” Sweeting was a resident of Starke, Bradford County, Florida, United States. Born in Nassau, Bahamas to Joseph Sweeting Sr. and Rowena Sweeting, Barbara has two brothers namely Joseph Sweeting Jr. and Nelson Sweeting and a sister named Stephanie Sweeting.
Barbara has three sons and three daughters. Here are 13 more things about her:
- She went to Uriah McPhee Primary School in Nassau.
- In 1977, she graduated from L.W. Young Junior High School in Nassau. After high school, she started her first job at Eddie’s Department Store as a salesperson.
- In 1980, she gave birth to Mckell Sheldon Rodgers. From 1980 to 1982, she worked at the Grand Hotel in Nassau as a cashier. She then worked in Great Harbour Cay, Berry Islands, Bahamas as a straw market vendor.
- In 1983, she gave birth to Clint Kareem Sweeting.
- In 1985, she gave birth to Arthura Charlisa Balfour. Arthura married Michael Watson.
- In 1988, she gave birth to Chanaki Doreen Angela Balfour.
- In 1989, she returned to Nassau to take care of her mother whose eyesight was failing.
- In 1992, she gave birth to Telvin Rudolph Sweeting. In the same year, her mother passed away and she moved to Miami, Miami-Dade County, Florida, United States. She later moved to Starke.
- In 1995, she gave birth to Tahlera Angelique Sweeting.
- From 1999 to 2008, she worked for the Bradford School Board in Starke as a bus driver and a school aid. She later worked as a caretaker at Winsor Manor, a nursing home in Starke.
- On April 29, 2022, she was admitted to the hospital.
- On May 8, 2022, she talked to her family in the Bahamas via a video call while she was in the hospital.
- On May 12, 2022, she died at age 61.
Categories: Bahamas, biographical data, LISTS, North America, United States
1 reply »