|Vicky Sue Davis White was a prison guard from Lauderdale County, Alabama, United States. She was JC White and Patricia Davis‘s daughter.|
A widow, Vicky had no children. Her two brothers both live in Lauderdale County.
Vicky lived in different parts of Lauderdale County including Lexington and Rogersville. Here are 13 more things about her:
- She was 5’5″ tall. Her registered weight was 145 pounds.
- In 1997, she joined the Lauderdale County Sheriff’s Office. She went on to become the office’s assistant director of corrections.
- In 2002, she and Thomas Edward “Tommy” White got married. She was 6 years younger than him. They raised cattle on a farm. She later left him when his drug problems exacerbated.
- In 2006, she and Tommy divorced.
- She is not related to Casey Cole White, who is accused of fatally stabbing Connie Jane Ridgeway, 59, who was found dead on October 23, 2015 in the living room of her home at the Meadowland Apartments on Prince Drive in Rogersville.
- Between 2015 and 2022, peers voted her as Supervisor or Employee of the Year four times. She and Casey met in 2020 and later started a jailhouse romance. She communicated with him while he was incarcerated in state prison and made sure he had extra food on his plate.
- After divorcing Tommy, she remained friendly with him and his mother Frances Delores White. In January 2022, he died from complications related to Parkinson’s Disease. She once told Frances about eventually retiring to Florida. In March 2022, she spoke to Frances, who is 32 years older than her.
- On April 18, 2022, she sold her house in Lexington for $95,550 although its total parcel value was $235,600. On the same day, she went to several banks and withdrew $90,000 in cash. After selling her house, she lived with her mother. Days later, she bought men’s clothing at a Kohl’s store and bought stockings at Sugar & Spice, a sex shop in Florence, Alabama and browsed the shop’s sex toy selection.
- On April 28, 2022, she submitted her retirement papers as the Lauderdale County Sheriff’s Office assistant director of corrections and did not tell Davis about it. She spent the night at the Quality Inn in Florence, Lauderdale County.
- April 29, 2022 was her last day at work before retiring. At 6:30 a.m., she checked out of the Quality Inn. At 9:41 a.m., she picked up Casey from the Lauderdale County Detention Center in Florence, breaking the protocol. Armed with a 9mm handgun, she told a booking officer that she was escorting him to a courthouse appointment, which turned out not to exist. At 11:34 a.m., her 2013 Ford Taurus patrol car was spotted in the Florence Square shopping center parking lot in Florence. Her patrol cruiser keys, police radio and handcuffs were left behind in the vehicle. The fact that the two were missing was not realized until around 3:30 p.m.
- She was 18 years older than Casey. On May 1, 2022, the U.S. Marshals Service offered up to $10,000 for information leading authorities to finding the two.
- As the Lauderdale County Sheriff’s Office assistant director of corrections, she was an exemplary employee with an unblemished record before she went missing on April 29, 2022, according to Lauderdale County Sheriff Rick Singleton. On May 2, 2022, he announced that a warrant was issued for her arrest. On May 3, 2022, the Lauderdale County Sheriff’s Office announced that investigators received information from Lauderdale County Detention Center inmates that she and Casey had a “special relationship”.
- On May 9, 2022, she and Casey were arrested in Evansville, Indiana, USA. She shot herself and was sent to the hospital where she later died. She was 56. On May 14, 2022, she was buried in her family plot in Center Hill Cemetery in Lexington. Around 200 family members, relatives, friends and co-workers attended her funeral.
Categories: biographical data, LISTS, North America, United States
Last day…….should have just attended your own retirement party and left the scumbag in jail. Suicide = Hell.
Bob, if you tried really hard, you could probably avoid being a judgemental prick…..
There is absolutely no truth in your statement that “suicide=hell”. As the mother of a suicide victim I am infuriated when people automatically assume that anyone who commits suicide is going to hell. There is nothing in the Bible to back up your misguided assumption.
There is nothing in the Bible that would imply that our Heavenly Father would cast one into Hell over suicide. I think that our Heavenly Father looks through our life’s work and due to his empathy, He, and He alone, decides our final fate. A person who would say otherwise to a suffering family is not a child of God.
I am sorry for what happened to Ms. White and her unfortunate decisions. I wish these decisions had been different. I did not live her life, therefore, I cannot say what I would have done or question her decisions. I will say to her family that I am sorry for your grief and pray for your comfort. You do not deserve the further suffering of unkind comments.
Yes, suicide equals hell. I don’t understand how people can fall for these jailbirds. They must really be desperate for attention.
God bless Vickey White and her family. The Bible says “Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. “why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?
No one is condoning what Vicki did but every correctional officer understands how it can happen. Prison is a very needy place. Sometimes those needs end up being met inappropriately and illegally. My heart is breaking for Vicki. We would have locked her up but we would have understood.