Vyvianna M. Quinonez was one of the Americans arrested amid the new coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic in 2021 due to a dispute while on the plane. Here are 13 more things about her:
- She lives in Sacramento, California, United States. (a)(b)
- Aside from Sacramento, she has lived in other parts of California including Antelope, North Highlands and Roseville. (b)
- She previously lived in Kansas City, Missouri, USA. (b)
- She worked as a server at Lazy Dog Restaurant and Bar in Sacramento. (c)
- From 2012 to 2014, she attended Sierra College in Rocklin, Placer County, California. She also went to California State University-Sacramento in Sacramento. (c)
- On May 23, 2021, she was caught on camera punching a Southwest Airlines flight attendant in the face while they were on South Flight 700 from Sacramento International Airport as it was preparing to land at San Diego International Airport in San Diego, California. Videos of the attack went viral. The Port of San Diego Harbor Police Department arrested her and charged her with battery causing serious bodily injury. (a)
- She was 28 years old when she assaulted a Southwest Airlines flight attendant on May 23, 2021. On the same day, she was released on $35,000 bail two hours after being booked into Las Colinas Detention Facility in Santee, San Diego County, California. (a)
- On May 25, 2021, her mother said she was only defending herself on May 23, 2021. This was corroborated by her then fellow passenger Michelle Manner, who claimed that before being punched by her, the flight attendant rudely told her and other family members to put on their face masks. (d)
- On May 27, 2021, Southwest Airlines announced that she has been permanently banned by the airline. On May 30, 2021, U.S. secretary of transportation Pete Buttigieg urged travelers to respect flight attendants and other crew members who enforce the federal mask mandate on planes, which remained in effect until September 13, 2021. (a)(e)
- On September 1, 2021, federal charges were filed against her. (f)
- On December 22, 2021, she pleaded guilty in federal court to interfering with a Southwest Airlines flight attendant. (g)
- On May 24, 2022, she was sentenced to 15 months in prison and banned from flying for three years upon her release from a federal lockup. A federal judge ordered her to pay some $33,000 in restitution and fines. (h)
- She was 29 years old when she was sentenced to 15 months in prison on May 24, 2022. (h)
- a. The Sacramento Bee
- b. Whitepages
- c. Vyvianna Quinonez
- d. Fox 40
- e. WTSP
- f. 10 News
- g. US Department of Justice
- h. New York Post
Categories: biographical data, crimes, LISTS, North America, Social Issues, United States
Total trash. GO TO JAIL you send-entitled low life. And put your damn mask on
Looks like a crackpot. Family & friend seem to behave like primitives as well.
Vyvianna Quinonez has been sentenced to 15 months in federal prison and ordered by the federal judge in San Diego to pay nearly $26k in restitution and a $7,500 fine for the May 23, 2021 assault.
She’s prohibited from flying for 3yrs while on supervised release and must participate in anger management classes/counseling.
If I had been to the judge her fine ($ sent to the government) would’ve been $20k more than the $7.5k.
Also, the delay for all the passengers was five hours. I would have multiplied the number of passengers times the amount of time wasted x $50 As an additional fine and then used the $ to help reimburse the passengers for their lost time and mental anguish.
If there was any damage to the airline due to lost revenue, I would have use that as an additional but of restitution.
3yr is a bit short. I would have prohibited her from flying for 10yrs and require her to go undergo regular random drug tests for five years.
What gets me is how could she have done such damage to the stewardess’s face without having an object in her hand! There were no reports about her holding an object. I find it tough to believe. It would’ve been interesting to see the testimony records from the trial.
Why isn’t she in jail already???She should be banned from ALL airlines for life.