Kenny Sanchez Martinez is a professional wrestler known for his ring name Jake Atlas. He is also a former gymnast.
Born in El Monte, California, United States, Martinez is of Japanese and Mexican descent. He is openly gay.
Martinez is 5’10 tall. Here are 13 more things about him:
- On October 23, 2019, he signed with World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. (WWE).
- In the “WWE NXT” episode on April 1, 2020, he defeated Samuel Robert Shaw also known as Dexter Lumis.
- On April 12, 2022, he was named a participant in the Interim NXT Cruiserweight Championship round-robin tournament. In the tournament, he defeated James Michael Curtin aka Drake Maverick and Tony Nese before losing to Yujiro Kushida.
- In the “WWE 205 Live” episode on June 19, 2020, he defeated Oliver Westfield Claffey aka Jack Gallagher.
- In January 2021, he entered the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic tournament, where he was paired with Isaiah “Swerve” Scott. They were eliminated from the tournament by the eventual winner Zachary Green aka Nash Carter and Deveon Everhart Aiken aka Wes Lee, collectively known as MSK.
- On August 6, 2021, he was released from his WWE contract.
- On September 3, 2021, it was announced that he would appear at Ring of Honor’s Death Before Dishonor XVIII in a special showcase match against Russell Gene Taylor aka Taylor Rust, who later defeated him. Shortly after the event, he announced his retirement from professional wrestling, citing mental health reasons.
- On the taping of All Elite Wrestling (AEW) show “AEW Dark” on December 28, 2021, he came out of retirement and made his AEW debut where he defeated Jay Cruz aka Serpentico.
- On January 4, 2022, AEW owner Tony Khan confirmed that he was signed with AEW.
- During a “AEW Rampage” taping in Newark, New Jersey, USA on January 5, 2022, he suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament (ACL). Aired on January 7, 2022, the episode marked his AEW debut where he lost to Austin Kirk Jenkins aka Adam Cole.
- On February 16, 2022, he underwent surgery for his torn ACL.
- On May 22, 2022, he allegedly attacked his partner after accusing his partner of showing more attention to a woman they were having a threesome with. On May 23, 2022, he was arrested in Orlando, Orange County, Florida, USA and charged with domestic battery. He was released later that day.
- He was 27 years old when he was arrested on May 23, 2022. He will appear in court in Orange County on June 28, 2022.