Miss District of Columbia USA 2021 Sasha Perea, 29, of Richmond, Virginia, United States will crown her successor at the Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel in Northwest, Washington, D.C.,USA. It is the 67th edition of the city-level beauty pageant that selects Washington, D.C.’s candidate for Miss USA, which selects the Miss Universe candidate from the U.S.
Currently, Washington, D.C. has 23 Miss USA placements including four titleholders. Representing the capital city of the U.S., Bobbie Johnson, 76, Shauntay Hinton, 42, Deshauna Barber, 31, and Kára McCullough, 29,were crowned Miss USA in 1964, 2002, 2016 and 2017, respectively.
At Miss Universe, Johnson finished in the Top 15 in 1964, Barber finished in the Top 9 in 2016 and McCullough finished in the Top 10 in 2017. Hinton was unplaced at Miss Universe 2002 and Perea was unplaced at Miss USA 2021.
A total of 20 women are competing for the Miss District of Columbia USA 2022 title. Here is the complete list of candidates:
- Tina Kanonuhwa (51st State)
- Alexis Bullock (Anacostia)
- Faith Porter (Brookland)
- Kleo Torres (Capital City)
- Chelsie Stevens (Capitol Hill)
- Madison Trice (Cherry Blossom)
- Adrianna Moore (City Center)
- Maura Deegan (Dupont Circle)
- Emerald Holman (East of the River)
- Jada Lockett (Foggy Bottom)
- Cassie Baloue (Freedom)
- Manju Bangalore (Independence)
- Deshawna Grimsley (Liberty)
- Tayler Troup (Navy Yard)
- Lily Goff (Noma)
- Ebony Acton (Northeast)
- Rowan Campbell (River Terrace)
- Madison Chambers (Southeast)
- Ambreia Williams (Washington City)
- Shawna Melvin (Woodley Park)