|Gonzalo Artemio Lopez was from Rio Grande Valley, a socio-cultural region spanning the border of Texas, United States and Mexico. He was affiliated with the Mexican Mafia and he had ties to different parts of Texas including Mercedes, San Antonio and Weslaco.|
Lopez was 6’0 tall, weighed about 185 pounds and had tattoos on his back, abdomen and chest and a burn scar on the right side of his neck. Here are 13 more things about him:
- On March 16, 1994, he allegedly possessed marijuana and failed to stop and render aid in Hidalgo County, Texas.
- On June 20, 1994, he allegedly used motor vehicles that he was not authorized to in Hidalgo County.
- On November 29, 1991, he allegedly committed aggravated assault in Hidalgo County.
- On October 19, 1995, he allegedly committed aggravated assault in Hidalgo County.
- On November 4, 1995, he allegedly committed aggravated assault in Hidalgo County.
- In 1996, he was convicted of two counts of aggravated assault and was sentenced to eight years in a Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) prison.
- On April 11, 2004, he allegedly attempted to commit capital murder in Webb County, Texas.
- On March 23, 2005, he allegedly committed aggravated kidnapping and capital murder in Hidalgo County.
- In 2006, he was convicted of capital murder and aggravated kidnapping in Hidalgo County and was sentenced to life in prison.
- In 2007, he was convicted of attempted capital murder in Webb County and was handed a second life sentence.
- On May 12, 2022, while being transported from a facility in Gatesville, Coryell County, Texas to another unit in Huntsville, Walker County, Texas for a medical appointment, he cut through metal, assaulted a correctional officer and escaped from a TDCJ transport bus on State Highway 7 near Centerville, Leon County, Texas.
- On June 2, 2022, he was killed in a shootout with officers after he killed four children and one adult in a home in Leon County. The victims were residents of Houston, Texas and a family that had no connection to him.
- He died at the age of 46.