Camille M. Vasquez is a Colombian-Cuban lawyer from California, United States. Here are 13 more things about her:
- She was born in San Francisco, California to her Colombian father Leonel Vasquez and her Cuban mother María Marilia Puentes Vásquez. She is fluent in English and Spanish.
- As a lawyer, she specializes in litigation and arbitration and she focuses on plaintiff-side defamation suits with additional experience litigating contract disputes, business-related torts and employment-related claims.
- She is 1 year younger than her boyfriend Edward Owen, a WeWork executive from London, England.
- From 2002 to 2006, she attended the University of Southern California in Los Angeles, California where she graduated magna cum laude with a bachelor’s degree in communication and political science.
- From 2007 to 2010, she attended Southwestern Law School in Los Angeles where she earned her Juris Doctor degree.
- From January 2017 to March 2018, she was a Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP attorney in Los Angeles.
- In March 2018, she became an associate in the Litigation and Arbitration Practice Group of Brown Rudnick, a law firm based in Irvine, Orange County, California.
- The Best Lawyers in America magazine named her as one of the One to Watch attorneys for 2021-2022.
- In November 2021, she and Oren met at The Cow, an upscale gastropub in London.
- As a Brown Rudnick associate, she was one of the members of the legal team of Johnny Depp, then 58, in his $50 million defamation lawsuit against his former Amber Heard, then 36. The trial started on April 11, 2022 in Fairfax, Virginia, USA before Judge Penney Azcarate.
- On May 17, 2022, she just smiled when TMZ asked her whether or not she and Depp were dating. The defamation trial involving Depp and Heard ended on June 1, 2022. A jury of seven found both Depp and Heard liable for defamation in their lawsuits against each other but he was awarded significantly more damages.
- On June 2, 2022, she and Owen were spotted together leaving a Ritz-Carlton hotel near the courthouse in Fairfax where the defamation trial involving Depp and heard took place, Daily Mail reported.
- She was 37 years old when Brown Rudnick announced on June 7, 2022 that she has been elevated to partner.