David Richard Honzu is a white man from Warren, Trumbull County, Ohio, United States. Here are 10 more things about him:
- In 1995, he was convicted of rape.
- From 1995 to 2006, he was in prison.
- In 2010, he was convicted of menacing by stalking with sexual motivation.
- At around 9:30 a.m. on May 17, 2015, he allegedly tried to abduct Carol Matacic, then 50, who was running on Airport Road in Champion, Trumbull County, by asking her for directions with a map to lure her into his vehicle. He was charged with attempted abduction with a sexual motivation. On May 18, 2015, she met with Champion Township Police Department officers and selected him from a six-person photo array with 100% certainty.
- On September 17, 2015, the Trumbull County grand jury indicted him on one count of attempted abduction with a sexual motivation specification.
- On May 3, 2016, he was convicted of felony attempted abduction.
- On May 24, 2016, he was sentenced to 18 months in prison.
- On June 3, 2022, he allegedly tried to force a woman into a vehicle at knife point while she was vacuuming her car at a car wash but she was able to break free from his grasp and ran to a nearby business where she asked for help. He was confrontational with Trumbull County Sheriff’s Office deputies who pulled him over and he tried to break a crack pipe in his mouth.
- He was 64 years old when he was arrested on June 3, 2022. He was charged with kidnapping, aggravated robbery and tampering with evidence.
- On June 6, 2022, a not guilty plea was entered on his behalf.