|Jessica Layane da Silva is a Brazilian architect, model and beauty queen based in the United Arab Emirates. Originally from Borborema, Paraíba, Brazil, she speaks Portuguese and English. |
Da Silva is a single mother. Here are 13 more things about her:
- In 2012, she worked as a salesperson at the Havaianas Stand in São João de Campina Grande in Campina Grande, Paraiba.
- In 2014, she graduated from the Instituto Federal da Paraiba in João Pessoa, Paraíba. She was an intern there for two years.
- In 2016, she was an architecture intern at the CASA COR Paraiba in João Pessoa. On September 10, 2016, she represented Borborema at Miss Paraiba 2016 and competed against 14 other candidates in João Pessoa. She finished in the Top 10.
- On July 4, 2017, she represented Sousa at Miss Paraiba 2017 and competed against nine other candidates in João Pessoa. She finished in the Top 5.
- In August 2017, she visited Nice, France.
- From September 2018 to December 2018, she worked in New Delhi, India as a fashion model.
- In 2019, she visited several countries including Thailand, the Maldives, Laos, Singapore, Bangladesh, the UAE, the Philippines, France, Monaco, Panama, Canada, Spain and Montenegro.
- On April 2020, she gave birth to her daughter in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- In 2021, she graduated from the Architecture and Urbanism Institute of Higher Education of Paraíba and finished a short course on site planning at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States.
- In May 2021, she was in the UAE with her daughter. In December 2021, they went to João Pessoa.
- On June 11, 2022, she represented the UAE at Miss Global 2022 and competed against 72 other candidates at the Bali Nusa Dua Convention Center in Bali, Indonesia. She was retroactively crowned Miss Global 2021 while Shane Tormes of the Philippines was crowned Miss Global 2022.
- She was 27 years old when she was crowned Miss Global 2021. She is the first single mother to win an international beauty pageant for single women.
- While reigning as Miss Global 2021, she is attending the Rhode Island School of Design as a graduate student in interior design. She is expected to graduate in 2023.