|Nancy Lee Crampton Brophy is a novelist from born in Wichita Falls, Texas, United States. She is the middle child of two lawyers. |
Brophy was first married to a police officer before she met chef and culinary teacher Daniel Brophy. Here are 13 more things about her:
- In 1968, she graduated from high school. She went on to study economics at the University of Houston in Houston.
- In 1991, she moved from Texas to Oregon, USA and enrolled at the Western Culinary Institute in Portland, Oregon, which was later renamed the Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts, where she met Daniel. They became friends before becoming romantically involved.
- In 1999, she and Daniel got married.
- In 2003, she joined the Romance Writers of America.
- In 2011, she wrote an online essay titled “How to Murder Your Husband“.
- In 2013, she, Darla Luke, Jessie Smith, Linda Kaye and Susan Lute wrote “Girl Most Likely To”.
- In 2014, she published “Plotting Your Story Arc, Workbook for Fiction Writers, Plotters and Pantsers”
- In 2015, she published her novels “Hell On The Heart (Shadow Men Book 1)”, “The Wrong Brother (Wrong Never Felt So Right Book 1)”, “The Wrong Hero (Wrong Never Felt So Right Book 2) “, “The Wrong Cop (Wrong Never Felt So Right Book 3)”, “The Wrong Lover: Wrong Never Felt So Right, Book 3.5”, “The Wrong Husband (Wrong Never Felt So Right Book 4)”
- As a married couple, she and Daniel neglected to file the legal paperwork until June 14, 2016.
- In January 2017, she published “The Wrong SEAL: Small Towns Hide the Biggest Secrets (Wrong Never Felt So Right Book 5)”. In November 2017, Daniel was forced to cash in a $35,000 chunk of his retirement savings to pay off their credit card debt.
- On June 2, 2018, Daniel was fatally shot in a kitchen at the Oregon Culinary Institute where he worked as a teacher. Police never found the gun used to kill him but she owned the same make and model of the gun.
- In September 2018, she was arrested. Between Daniel’s murder and her arrest, detectives found that she had bought a gun and spare gun parts and was seeking to collect on life insurance policies worth a combined $1.4 million.
- In April 2022, she was put on trial for Daniel’s murder. On May 25, 2022, a jury of seven women and five men found her guilty of of second-degree murder in his death. She was 71 years old when she was sentenced to life in prison on June 13, 2022. Judge Christopher Ramras said she will be considered for parole after 25 years.