Motorcycle lawsuits can be difficult to handle since the case details frequently determine the outcome. The way you conduct your settlement is critical if you want to be compensated fairly.
In California, United States, motorcycle deaths account for about 15 percent of all motor vehicle fatalities. The open road can be dangerous for dangerous for motorists in this motorcycle-friendly state.
When you are filing a motorcycle accident claim, a skilled attorney can take several steps to improve your outcome and guarantee that your case is settled fairly. Here are five thins you should keep in mind:
1. The time for filing a claim is limited.
Motorcycle collisions are often serious and can cause permanent injury. If you’re injured in a motorcycle accident, you are entitled to compensation for lost wages, your medical bills, and other damages. However, you only have a limited amount of time to file your claim.
You typically have two years from the accident’s date or from the day your insurance company rejected your claim. In this period, you can initiate a lawsuit against the at-fault motorist’s insurance provider for failing to cover your medical expenses. Visit the May Firm’s website to learn more on how motorcycle accident lawsuits work.
2. You require evidence to support your claims.
If you want to win, you’ll need proof to back up your claims in your motorbike accident lawsuit. The following evidence are considered relevant:
- photographs of the damage to the vehicles involved in the collision
- any other evidence about how the collision occurred, such as skid marks on the road
- damage caused by debris left behind after impact
- witness statements and police reports
3. Motorcycle accidents differ from other types of accidents.
In Fresno, California, there are significant differences between motorcycle and auto accidents. Motorcycles are lighter and smaller in size than a car and have only two wheels, no airbags and no seatbelts.
A motorcycle typically weighs around 400 pounds while a passenger car typically weighs around 4,000 pounds. The other key distinctions typically involve the increased dangers of motorcycling, the lack of safety measures, the cause of accidents and the seriousness of the injuries.
4. Establish a strong case.
Make sure you have a strong case against the person who injured you before you start sending out demand letters and filing lawsuits. Despite your temptation to handle your own case and potentially save some money, contacting a motorcycle accident attorney is one of the greatest ways to ensure you receive the compensation you are entitled to.
5. Speak with a motorcycle accident lawyer.
A personal injury lawyer can assist in outlining the legal procedure and what to anticipate. To advocate for their client’s interests, attorneys assist in the preparation of legal documents, deal with insurance companies and participate in court procedures. They might advise hiring more experts, including accident reconstruction experts, economists or medical professionals to support the claim.
Getting ready for your consultation
During your discussion with a motorcycle accident lawyer, it may be difficult to process a lot of information. Because of this, it’s critical to consider your queries in advance. Typical inquiries include:
- What previous similar cases have you dealt with?
- What approach would you use in my situation?
- What is your pricing plan?
- What outcomes are feasible in my case?
- What is anticipated of me?
- Will my case likely end up in court?
Preparing your replies
The motorcycle accident attorney will want to ask questions throughout the discussion. The success of your case depends on your ability to provide as much factual information as possible. Be ready to respond to inquiries about the following:
- What equipment were you using at the time of the accident?
- The kind and state of the equipment.
- How quickly you were moving just before the collision?
- The state of the road, including whether it was raining or snowing or whether there was any damage.
- Your injuries’ severity and any documentation from a doctor or hospital visits
- Any insurance protection for the incident and any injuries it causes.
Selecting an attorney
The most important part of your case is choosing an accident attorney to represent your interests so be ready to seek for attributes that will be beneficial to you. Ask them about their contacts with local judges, clerks, other lawyers and their network of experts without hesitation.