Jodie Ellen McKenna Bevans was a nurse of Palo, Iowa, United States. Here are 10 more things about her:
- She was born in Little Rock, Arkansas, USA to Hugh McKenna and Rita O’Rourke McKenna.
- Aside from Palo, she also lived in other parts of Iowa including Shellsburg, Solon, Hiawatha, Center Point, Cedar Rapids, North Liberty, Coralville and Wellman. She also lived in Estero, Florida, USA.
- She enjoyed camping, crafting, crocheting, gardening, reading and going boating.
- She and Michael “Mike” Bevans have one daughter together named Dezirae Bevans, who was born in 2006. Mike is not the father of her other children Steven Mack, Joseph Frederick, Davis McKenna and Kim Hinkle.
- She has three sisters namely Laurie McKenna, Kathy McKenna-Sauermann and Susan Macumber.
- After serving in the U.S. Air Force for over six years, she earned a licensed practical nurse (LPN) degree from Kirkwood College in Cedar Rapids, worked at Solon Care Center in Solon and served as the director of nursing at Rock Ridge Care Center in Shellsburg and at Cottage Grove Place in Cedar Rapids.
- In 1982, she graduated from Iowa City West High School in Iowa City, Iowa.
- In June 2005, she and Mike got married. She became the stepmother of his children Kellie Hughes, Todd Bevans, Stephanie Dooley, T.J. Bevans, Samantha Faith Bevans and Arissa Maxwell.
- On July 14, 2022, her stepdaughter Samantha, then 34, allegedly suffocated her with a pillow while Bevans’ accomplice Tacoa Talley, then 38, choked her inside her home in Palo.
- On July 15, 2022, she was found dead inside her home in Palo. She died at the age of 58.