Tony Garret Haase is a white man from Wisconsin, United States. Here are 13 more things about him:
- He lives in Weyauwega, Waupaca County, Wisconsin.
- He was born at Riverside Community Memorial Hospital in Waupaca, Waupaca County.
- He attended Universal Technical Institute in Phoenix, Arizona.
- He is 6’2″ tall. His registered weight is 385 pounds.
- He was 3 years younger than Tanna M. Togstad of Royalton, Waupaca County. Their fathers were friends.
- On December 31, 1977, his father died in an accident while operating a snowmobile in a group of three that was racing. Togstad’s father was one of the snowmobile drivers.
- On May 26, 1989, he graduated from Weyauwega-Fremont High School in Weyauwega.
- On March 20, 1992, he went from one bar to another by himself, became very intoxicated and started to think about the accident that killed his father. He went to Togstad’s house in Royalton where he fatally stabbed her, her boyfriend Timothy W. Mumbrue and the couple’s dog. The case went cold until Wisconsin Department of Justice special agent Jay K. Yerges started investigating it in 2015.
- On July 6, 2022, a deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) sample was obtained from him a pen he used during a traffic stop.
- On July 17, 2022, Wisconsin State Crime Laboratory (WSCL) DNA analyst Trevor W. Naleid determined that his DNA matched the bodily fluids recovered from Togstad’s body on March 21, 1992.
- On August 11, 2022, Yerges and other investigators approached him at his place of employment, which was the Waupaca Foundry, and took him into custody. He was booked into the Waupaca County Jail in Waupaca.
- On August 12, 2022, he was charged with two counts of first-degree intentional homicide for the deaths of Togstad and Mumbrue.
- He was 52 years old when he was charged with homicide on August 12, 2022. That day, Waupaca County Circuit Judge Raymond Huber set cash bond for him at $2 million.