Carl Matthew Johnson is a white man from Utah, United States. Here are 10 more things about him:
- He lives in Orem, Utah County, Utah.
- Aside from Orem, he has lived in other parts of Utah including Lehi, Washington and West Bountiful.
- He previously lived in Montgomery, Texas, USA.
- From 1974 to 1979, he served as a bishop at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, known widely as the Mormon church.
- In 1985, he started abusing a girl, then 5, at his home in Davis County, Utah.
- From 1990 to 1997, he served as the mayor of West Bountiful.
- In 1993, he inappropriately touched a girl, then 12.
- In 1996, he started inappropriately touching another girl at his home in Davis County.
- On September 7, 2022, he was arrested and booked into the Davis County Jail in Farmington, Davis County. He was ordered held without bail. He told investigators that he had abused more than six victims aged 2 to 12.
- He was 77 years old when he was charged on September 9, 2022 with one count of sexual abuse of a child and nine counts of aggravated sexual abuse of a child.