Sherri Graeff Papini is a white woman from Redding, Shasta County, California, United States. She is Loretta Graeff‘s daughter and Sheila Graeff Koesta‘s only sister.
Sherri is 5’3″ tall. Here are 13 more things about her:
- In 2002, she dated Shauhin Davari, who is 5 years younger than her, while she was working as as a youth counselor.
- In December 2003, the Shasta County Sheriff’s Office received a report from Graeff that she had been hurting herself and blaming the injuries on Graeff.
- In 2006, she married David Dreyfus, who is 3 years younger than her. In the same year, she dated James Reyes of Costa Mesa, California, who is 2 years younger than her. She and Reyes shared a joint AOL email account and he conducted financial transactions with her.
- In September 2008, she and Dreyfus divorced.
- In 2009, she married Keith Papini, who is 1 year younger than her. They have two children together.
- In December 2015, she started being in contact with Reyes and she asked him to pick her up on November 2, 2016.
- On November 2, 2016, Keith became concerned when he returned from his job at Best Buy and could not find her at their Redding residence. From November 2, 2016 to November 23, 2016, her two children were attending daycare while she was voluntarily with Reyes in Costa Mesa where she systematically harmed herself to make her kidnapping story convincing. Bruised and bound by restraints, she reappeared on the side of County Road 17 near Interstate 5 in Yolo County, California on November 24, 2016. She claimed that she was freed by her captors, who were two Hispanic women. When she was hospitalized in Woodland, Yolo County, investigators collected male deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) from her underwear and sweatpants that did not match Keith’s.
- From 2017 to 2021, she received more than $30,000 from the California Victim’s Compensation Board.
- On March 19, 2020, the California Department of Justice’s Familial Search Committee voted to release to investigators the results of a DNA search using the sample taken from her clothes on November 24, 2016. The search led to Reyes in Costa Mesa.
- On August 13, 2020, she was with Keith in a room at the Shasta County Sheriff’s Office where two detectives told them that Reyes revealed to investigators details about how she faked her kidnapping in November 2016 and they have DNA and polygraph test results that corroborate Reyes’s statements. She maintained her claim after being advised that it was a crime to lie to a federal agent.
- She was arrested on March 3, 2022, the same day she and Keith separated. Represented by William Portanova, she was charged with making false statements to federal law enforcement officers and 34 counts of mail fraud. On April 12, 2022, she signed a plea deal, confirming that she faked her kidnapping in November 2016. On April 18, 2022, she pleaded guilty to one count each of making false statements to federal law enforcement officers and mail fraud. On April 20, 2022, Keith filed for divorce from her.
- The Bible verse Exodus 21:16 was tattooed on her shoulder, Roman Catholic Deacon and news anchor Mike Mangas revealed in the investigation documentary “Runaway Mom: The Sherri Papini Story“, which premiered on HLN on September 18, 2022.
- She was 40 years old when Judge William B. Shubb sentenced her to 18 months in prison on September 19, 2022. She was ordered to pay back $309,902 in restitution to the FBI, the Shasta County Sheriff’s Office, the California Victim Compensation Board and the Social Security Administration for losses incurred because of her lies.
Categories: biographical data, LISTS, North America, United States
2 replies »