James R. Reyes is a Hispanic man from California, United States. Here are 13 more things about him:
- He worked in a skate store while living in Costa Mesa, Orange County, California.
- Aside from Costa Mesa, he has lived in other parts of California including La Habra, Big Bear City, Irvine, Huntington Beach and Shasta Lake.
- His grandfather Robert Reyes lives in Nogales, Santa Cruz County, Arizona, USA.
- He is 23 years younger than his uncle Robert Lee Dooty of Costa Mesa.
- He is 2 years younger than Loretta Graeff‘s daughter Sherri Graeff of Redding, Shasta County, California. He and Sherri shared a joint AOL email account and he conducted financial transactions with her.
- In 2006, he briefly dated Sherri. She was married to David Dreyfus from 2006 to September 2008. In 2009, she married Keith Papini.
- In December 2015, she reconnected with him and convinced him that Papini was abusive so she needed to escape. She asked him to pick her up on November 2, 2016, the same day Papini reported her missing.
- From November 2, 2016 to November 23, 2016, Sherri was voluntarily with him in his apartment in Costa Mesa where she systematically harmed herself to make her kidnapping story convincing while authorities and her family and friends were trying to find her.
- On November 24, 2016, he drove Sherri to Yolo County, California. When she reappeared that day, she told everyone she had been kidnapped by two Hispanic women.
- On March 19, 2020, the California Department of Justice’s Familial Search Committee voted to release to investigators the results of a deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) search using the sample taken from Sherri’s clothes on November 24, 2016. The search led to him in Costa Mesa.
- In August 2020, he told investigators that Sherri faked her kidnapping in November 2016 while she still maintained her claim that she was kidnapped that month.
- When Sherri was arrested on March 3, 2022, he was living in Nogales in a house he shared with his grandfather Robert and their Australian heeler rescue dog.
- He was 38 years old when Sherri was sentenced her to 18 months in prison on September 19, 2022.
Categories: biographical data, LISTS, North America, United States
3 replies »