Crimson Chance Hux Elizondo is a former state trooper in Texas, United States. Here are 13 more things about her:
- She lives in Uvalde, Texas,
- Aside from Uvalde, she has lived in other parts of Texas including New Braunfels and San Marcos.
- She is 5’4″ tall.
- In 2012, she graduated from New Braunfels Christian Academy in New Braunfels where she played basketball. In the same year, she registered to vote in New Braunfels. Her registration was later cancelled.
- In 2018, she joined the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS). She earned a base salary of $59,715 at the department.
- In 2020, she gave birth to her son.
- On May 24, 2022, she and more than 90 other Texas state troopers rushed to Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas where Salvador Ramos, 18, was fatally shot after he fatally shot fourth grade teachers Irma Garcia, 49, and Eva Mireles, 44, and 19 children aged 7-11. She was the first Texas DPS member to enter the hallway at the school after Ramos gained entry. She and at least six other troopers who were at the scene that day were put under internal investigation over their actions during the attack.
- While still employed by the Texas DPS, she applied for a job at the Uvalde Consolidated Independent School District (UCISD). On July 28, 2022, the UCISD contacted the Texas DPS while conducting a background screening of her. The Texas DPS informed the UCISD that she was under internal investigation over allegations that her actions on May 24, 2022 were inconsistent with Texas DPS training and requirements. The UCISD hired her as a police officer anyway.
- On August 8, 2022, she and three other police officers were recommended for hire at a UCISD school board meeting.
- On August 17, 2022, she gave notice of her resignation as a Texas state trooper.
- On August 29, 2022, she spent her last day as a Texas DPS employee .
- On October 6, 2022, family members of the victims Ramos fatally shot gathered outside the UCISD administration building in Uvalde to protest her hiring. On the same day, UCISD officials fired her.
- She was 28 years old when the UCISD fired her on October 6, 2022.