Professionally known as Anne Jakrajutatip, Jakkaphong Jakrajutatip is a business mogul from Thailand. She was born in Bangkok, Thailand to Chinese parents.
Jakrajutatip is a transwoman, a billionaire and a mother of two. Here are 13 more things about her:
- In 1995, she moved from Bangkok to Sydney, New South Wales, Australia where she pursued a bachelor’s degree while working at a gas station. She started her transition from male to female in Sydney.
- In 2000, she went home to Bangkok looking like a woman. Her mother threatened to kill herself so she had to go back to behaving like a man. After earning her bachelor’s degree in international relations from Bond University in Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia, she helped manage her family’s video rental business in Bangkok. She revamped the business to content distribution when people started turning away from video rental.
- In 2005, she became the authorized director of JKN Landmark Co Ltd.
- In 2009, she became the authorized director of Andrew Building Co Ltd.
- In 2011, she became the authorized director of JKN Living Network Co Ltd.
- In 2013, she met her British boyfriend, became the authorized director of JKN Channel Co Ltd, Bonfah Sataporn Co Ltd and JKN Energy Co Ltd and founded JKN Global Media Public Company Limited, which was later renamed JKN Global Group PCL.
- In 2014, she ran away from home and became the authorized director JKN Knowledge Co Ltd, JKN IMC Co Ltd, JKN News Co Ltd, JKN Riverking Complex Co Ltd, JKN Connect Co Ltd, JKN Coffee Co Ltd, JKN Global Holding Co Ltd and JKN Bene Co Ltd. From 2014 to 2016, she underwent 10 reconstruction surgeries and fully transitioned to female.
- In 2016, she became the authorized director of JKN Global Group PCL and completed her director accreditation program from the Thai Institute of Directors Association. She also obtained a certificate in real estate development program from Chulalongkorn University in Bangkok.
- In 2018, she set up Life Inspired For Transsexual (LIFT) Foundation to advocate for trans persons’ right to dignity and opportunities.
- In 2019, she was named the Asian Media Woman of the Year at the Content Asia Summit in Singapore, making her the first Thai and first transwoman to receive the award. In the same year, her son Andrew Jakrajutatip was born in the United States. He is of German and Thai descent.
- She is friends with German-Igorot siblings Clint Bondad and Kirk Bondad. In 2020, Clint lived with her in Bangkok. Forbes ranked her as the third richest transgender in the world that year with her $210 million net worth. Also that year, her daughter Angelica Jakrajutatip was born in the U.S.
- In December 2021, she took to Instagram to pay tribute to her father who accepted her after her transition. That month, she spent the year-end vacation in Bangkok with her mother, her two children and her British boyfriend.
- She was 43 years old when JKN Global Group PCL announced on October 25, 2022 its acquisition of Miss Universe, Miss USA and Miss Teen USA from IMG for $31 million, making her the first woman and the first Thai to own the Miss Universe organization.