Lailani Helena Muñiz was born in New York, United States. Here are 10 more things about her:
- She is fluent in English and Spanish.
- A transwoman diagnosed with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), she is fighting for the rights of trans people and for those who are dealing with an HIV diagnosis.
- She was a spokesmodel for Amida Care and the HIV Stops With Me campaign.
- She served as a trauma informed care specialist at the Damian Family Care Center, a nonprofit in Jamaica, Queens, New York City, New York, a secretary and a full voting member on the HIV Planning Board for the State of NY in New York City and the chief operations officer for the New York Transgender Bodybuilding Federation.
- From September 5-8, 2019, she attended the U.S. Conference on AIDS (USCA) in Washington, D.C., USA.
- In March 2022, she started corresponding on Gridnr with Josh, who she thought was a 14-year-old boy. She knew the supposed teenager’s age when she solicited oral sex.
- On June 2, 2022, she was one of the members of the LGBT community who were honored at Bronx Borough Hall in the Bronx, New York City to mark the beginning of the Pride Month.
- On October 20, 2022, she met with Josh at an apartment building in Bedford Park, Bronx. Josh turned out to be an adult man working at NY Creeps Spotlight, a nonprofit exposing people who target children. She was arrested and charged with attempted forcible touching, third-degree attempted sexual abuse, attempted endangering the welfare of a child and two other associated charges related to attempted sex acts with a minor.
- She was 39 years old when she was arrested on October 20, 2022.
- On December 2, 2022, she will appear in court.