Carlos “Carl” Phanor is a black man from New York, United States. Here are 10 more things about him:
- He has several aliases. He has scales of justice tattooed on his left hand.
- Before moving to New York, he lived in different parts of New Jersey including Newark and Hillside.
- He previously lived in East Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
- In 2019, he was arrested for drug possession and possession of burglary tools. In January 2019, he was charged with aggravated assault and aggravated sexual assault in Newark.
- At 6:00 a.m. on March 27, 2022, he allegedly tacked a woman, then 39, to the ground on the running path near Pier 46 at Hudson River Park in Manhattan, New York City, New York, choked her, pinned her down and sexually assaulted her.
- On October 6, 2022, he allegedly attacked a woman walking along the FDR service road near East 37th Street in New York City, placed her in a chokehold and ripped her jeans open. When she screamed for help, he swiped her cell phone and credit card and ran off.
- At around 5:45 a.m. on November 3, 2022, he allegedly attacked a female jogger, then 43, at Hudson River Park, choked her until she passed out, sexually assaulted her and robbed her. Hours after the attack, he was arrested at the Port Authority Bus Terminal in Manhattan while he was using her credit cards at a Target to buy $39 worth of Red Bull.
- He was 29 years old and living in a homeless shelter in Manhattan when he was arrested on November 3, 2022. Before the arrest, he was arrested at least 28 times as an adult in New York, New Jersey and other parts of the U.S. including Florida, and Ohio.
- On November 4, 2022, he appeared before Judge Jonathan Svetkey to face his initial charges of first-degree rape and two counts each of predatory sexual assault and strangulation. He did not enter a plea. Svetkey ordered him to be held without bail and to undergo a mental health assessment before his next court appearance.
- On November 9, 2022, he will appear in court again.