Andre Marcus Bing was a black man from Virginia, United States. Here are 13 more things about him:
- He was a resident of Chesapeake, Virginia.
- Aside from Chesapeake, he lived in other parts of Virginia including Suffolk and Virginia Beach.
- He has relatives based in Virginia, USA and New York, USA.
- He drove a Ford Focus. He did not appear to have any criminal record or traffic violations, according to online court records for Virginia, federal court, Maryland, USA and Washington, D.C., USA.
- He appeared to have no presence on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and TikTok.
- He is related to Pervis Bing of Chesapeake, who was 2 years older than him.
- He and Pervis were mentioned in the Special Thanks portion of Christopher Bishop‘s book “deja 2+2“, which was published by Lulu in 2007. The book features a fictional story that starts with a character fatally shooting himself.
- In 2010, he started working for Walmart. As the overnight team lead at the Walmart Supercenter on Sam’s Circle in Chesapeake, he supervised employees who stock the store while it is closed.
- In 2016, he was briefly shown in a video taken by his Walmart coworker Draayia Janaee.
- In 2019, he bought a three-bedroom house on East Eva Boulevard in Chesapeake. He paid $225,00 and took mortgage out of $191,000. On January 17, 2019, his relative Pervis pleaded guilty in Texas, USA to a lesser drug charge in exchange for four years of deferred adjudication.
- He told his Chesapeake neighbor James McDuffie that his sister and mother had in New York amid the new coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, which started in 2020, the neighbor told the Washington Post.
- At 10:12 p.m. on November 22, 2022, he used a pistol to open fire inside the break room of his workplace at the Walmart Supercenter in Chesapeake, fatally shooting Randall Blevins, 70, Kellie Pyle, 52, Lorenzo Gamble, 43, Brian Pendleton, 39, Tyneka Johnson, 22, and a boy, 16, and wounding six others, then turned the gun on himself. His co-worker Briana Tyler told “Good Morning America” on ABC, “I looked up and my manager just opened the door and he just opened fire.”
- He died at the age of 31.
(This is a developing story. More details are being added.)