Kevin Johnson is a black man from Kirkwood, St. Louis County, Missouri, United States. Here are 10 more things about him:
- He and his siblings grew up in Meacham Park, Kirkwood. His father was incarcerated most of his young life while his mother Jada Tatum was addicted to crack.
- In 1993, his brother Joseph “Bam Bam” Long was born with a congenital heart defect.
- In 1999, he tried to end his own life, according to a psychiatrist who evaluated him.
- In 2003, his then girlfriend gave birth to Khorry Ramey.
- On July 5, 2005, Long died of heart failure hours after three Kirkwood Police Department officers including William McEntee, then 43, went to their house in Meacham Park to arrest him for violating the terms of probation. He was on probation in connection with a domestic dispute involving his former girlfriend, the mother of Ramey. Later that day, he fatally shot McEntee, who he blamed for Long’s death. On July 8, 2005, he turned himself in.
- On November 8, 2007, a jury convicted him of first-degree murder.
- On February 1, 2008, he was sentenced to death for McEntee’s killing and was jailed in the Potosi Correctional Center in Mineral Point, Missouri. He filed an appeal and a petition for writ of certiorari, which were both denied.
- In October 2022, Ramey brought her newborn son to the prison to meet him.
- On November 8, 2022, he was baptized.
- He is scheduled to be executed on November 29, 2002. He is 37.