Daniel Edmund Duggan is a former citizen of the United States. Here are 10 more things about him:
- From 1981 to 1986, he attended Milton High School in Milton, Massachusetts, USA. He was a member of the school’s football team.
- From 1986 to 1991, he attended Bridgewater State University in Bridgewater, Massachusetts where he earned his bachelor’s degree in aviation science.
- From May 1989 to October 2002, he served with the U.S. Marine Corps as a pilot and a flight instructor. He rose to the rank of major.
- In November 2005, he moved to Tasmania, Australia where he founded Top Gun Australia. He served as the company’s director and chief pilot.
- In April 2014, he sold Top Gun Australia.
- In May 2014, he moved to Beijing, China. He worked as the general manager of MCT-Asia Ltd in Beijing.
- In October 2017, he registered an aviation consultancy company called AVIBIZ Limited in Qingdao, China and served as the company’s managing director. In 2020, the company dissolved.
- On October 21, 2022, Australian Federal Police arrested him in Orange, New South Wales, Australia following a request from the U.S. government.
- On November 4, 2022, his defense lawyer Dennis Miralis said he will fight his extradition to the U.S. and seek the intervention of an intelligence watchdog.
- He was 54 years old when a court in Sydney, New South Wales was told on November 28, 2022 that the U.S. must lodge an extradition request for him by December 20, 2022 under a bilateral treaty. The case was adjourned until December 16, 2022.