James Curtis Leonard is a white man from Idaho, United States. Here are 13 more things about him:
- He lives in Moscow, Latah County, Idaho.
- Aside from Moscow, he has lived in other parts of Idaho including Genesee. He lived in a house in Genesee with Sunny Namauu.
- He is Loftin Lee’s son.
- While married, he had a relationship with Tyler Pace Lee’s girlfriend Amanda Draper. Lee and Draper lived in Moscow.
- In 2002, his wife gave birth to their daughter.
- In 2007, his wife gave birth to another daughter. On June 19, 2007, he used a .38-caliber revolver to fatally shoot Lee outside his house in Genesee. He asked Namauu for a shovel, which Namauu gave him, but Namauu did not help him dispose of Lee’s body.
- On May 7, 2008, he was officially charged with second-degree murder.
- In August 2008, he pleaded not guilty to second-degree murder.
- On February 6, 2009, he took a plea deal, admitting to involuntary manslaughter in exchange for a five- to 15-year sentence. He was represented by Sunil Ramalingam.
- On May 15, 2009, a court suspended his sentence, placed him on 15 years of probation and required him to avoid drugs and alcohol, hold a steady job and obey the law, among other things.
- In 2021, his older daughter gave birth to his grandchild.
- On December 6, 2022, he drank half a bottle of gin at home in Moscow while his wife, their two daughters, their older daughter’s boyfriend and his grandchild were also there. In the evening, he allegedly beat his wife and their younger daughter and slashed himself with a knife.
- He was 39 years old when he was arrested on December 7, 2022. He is represented by Cathy Mabbutt and Nicholas Smiley.