Bradley Wendt is a former police officer from Iowa, United States. Here are 10 more things about him:
- He is originally from Anita, Iowa.
- He lives in Denison, Iowa with her partner Terra Sell.
- Aside from Anita and Denison, he has lived in other parts of Iowa including Lake View, Charter Oak, Polk City, Stuart and Harlan.
- He went to Cam High School and Anita High School, which are both in Anita.
- He attended Iowa Western Community College in Council Bluffs, Iowa.
- He and his friend Robert Williams of Manning, Iowa were born in the same year. Williams operates Williams Contracting LLC, a federal firearms licensee. They allegedly worked together to host public machine gun shoots where they charged patrons money to shoot the guns.
- Between July 2018 and August 2022, he sought to buy about 90 machine guns for the Adair Police Department in Adair, Iowa while he was serving as the department’s chief. He allegedly exploited his position to acquire 10 machine guns purportedly for the official duties and responsibilities of the department but later resold several of those machine guns at a significant profit.
- On September 21, 2018, he became the president of BW Outfitters, a gun store and indoor range in Denison. He acquired 13 machine guns for the store through false statements to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) that the machine guns were being demonstrated for future potential purchase by the Adair Police Department.
- On December 14, 2022, a federal grand jury in Des Moines returned an indictment, charging him with unlawfully obtaining and possessing machine guns.
- He was 46 years old when he was charged on December 14, 2022 with 18 counts of making a false statement to the ATF and one for unlawfully possessing a machine gun.