Laksmi Shari De Neefe Suardana is an Indonesian fashion designer, author, actress, model and beauty queen. Here are 13 more things about her:
- She was born in Ubud, Gianyar, Bali, Indonesia. Her Indonesian father Ketut Suardana is from Bali while her Australian mother Janet De-Neefe is from Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
- She is the younger sister of Dewi De-Neefe. Their maternal grandfather John De-Neefe is a business tycoon.
- Affiliated with the Bali Children Foundation, she taught English to children in poor neighborhoods in Bali.
- She is 5’10” tall.
- She and her family were among the witnesses of bombings in Kuta, Bali on October 12, 2002.
- She and her parents started The Ubud Writers and Readers Festival, which was first held in 2004 as a healing project in response to the bombings in Bali in 2022.
- She and Dewi played cameo roles in the 2010 film “Eat Pray Love“, which starred Julia Roberts, James Franco, Viola Davis, Javier Bardem, Richard Jenkins and Billy Crudup.
- From 2012 to 2013, she attended Monash College in Clayton, Melbourne where she earned her Diploma of Arts.
- From 2014 to 2016, she attended Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT) University in Melbourne where she earned her bachelor’s degree in fashion design.
- From 2016 to 2020, she attended Polimoda in Florence, Tuscany, Italy where she earned her bachelor’s degree in business marketing in fashion business.
- In 2019, she became an activist and contributor for United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) Voices of Youth.
- On May 27, 2022, she represented Bali at Puteri Indonesia 2022 and competed against 43 other candidates at the Jakarta Convention Center in Jakarta, Indonesia. She won the title.
- She was 26 years old when she represented Indonesia at Miss Universe 2022 on January 14, 2023 and competed against 83 other candidates at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans, Louisiana, USA. She was unplaced. She is the first Balinese woman to represent Indonesia at Miss Universe.