Madison May “Maddie” Mogen was born in Eugene, Oregon, United States to Benjamin Mogen and Karen Caufield Laramie. Benjamin is married to Korie Hatrock while Laramie is married to Scott Laramie.
Benjamin is Mike Mogen and Kim Cheeley‘s son. Mike is married to Pamela Mogen while Cheeley is married to Tom Pagliasotti.
Karen is Tim Caufield and Ruth Marie Caufield‘s daughter. Tim and Ruth have a son named David Caufield.
Ruth died of severe head trauma after a head-on crash on April 11, 2007 on U.S. Highway 95 near Genesee, Idaho. The crash was allegedly caused by Idaho Department of Correction employee Marciano Lee Meckle.
Maddie lived in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, USA. Here are 13 more things about her:
- In 2002, she and her family moved from Oregon to Idaho. She attended Winton Elementary School and the Coeur d’Alene Charter Academy, which are both in Coeur d’Alene. She and her best friend Kaylee Goncalves had been inseparable since the sixth grade.
- In April 2014, he visited Maui, Hawaii, USA.
- In April 2015, she visited Honduras, Belize and Mexico. In June 2015, she visited Honeysuckle Beach in Hayden, Idaho and different parts of California, USA including San Jose and Bodega Bay.
- On November 7, 2015, she and Goncalves watched Mac Miller‘s concert at Knitting Factory in Spokane, Washington, USA.
- In March 2016, she was in Seattle, Washington.
- In November 2017, she and Goncalves visited Ocho Rios, Jamaica.
- In January 2018, she was in Miami, Florida, USA.
- In May 2018, she visited Honolulu, Hawaii.
- In September 2018, she visited Sedona, Arizona, USA.
- In March 2019, she visited Cabo, Baja California Sur, Mexico.
- On June 8, 2019, she and Goncalves graduated from Lake City High School in Coeur d’Alene. In August 2019, they entered the University of Idaho in Moscow, Idaho. She pursued a bachelor’s degree in marketing. While attending the university, she worked at the Mad Greek restaurant in Moscow and lived in a rented off-campus three-story home in Moscow with Goncalves and their fellow University of Idaho students Xana Kernodle, Bethany Funke and Dylan Mortensen.
- In 2020, she and her fellow University of Idaho student Jake Schriger started dating. They had their first date at The Breakfast Club in Moscow.
- She and Goncalves went to The Corner Club, a sports bar in Moscow, at 10:00 p.m. on November 12, 2022 and left at 1:30 a.m. on November 13, 2022. They got their food from The Grub Truck in Moscow and arrived at their rented home in Moscow at 1:56 a.m. Between 4:00 a.m. and 4:25 a.m., she, Goncalves, Kernodle and Kernodle’s boyfriend Ethan Chapin were fatally stabbed inside the home allegedly by Bryan Kohberger. She and Goncalves were found together in the bed in Goncalves’s room on the third floor of the house. She was 21. On December 30, 2022, Kohberger was arrested.