“Lavender Haze” is one of the 13 songs from the standard edition of Taylor Swift‘s 10th studio album “Midnights“. The album was released via Republic Records on October 21, 2022 while the song was released on November 29, 2022 as the second song from the album following “Anti-Hero“.
The “Lavender Haze” music video was released on January 27, 2023. Here are 10 more things about the song:
- Its title is an expression that Swift first stumbled upon while watching “Mad Men” Season 2 episode 12 “The Mountain King”, which aired on AMC on October 19, 2008.
- Its lyrics were inspired by Swift and her boyfriend Joe Alwyn‘s relationship.
- It was produced by Swift, Jack Antonoff, Jahaan Sweet, Sounwave and Braxton Cook.
- It was written by Swift, Antonoff, Sweet, Sounwave, Sam Drew and Zoë Kravitz, the daughter of Lenny Kravitz and Lisa Bonet.
- It was recorded at Rough Customer Studio in Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States, at Electric Lady Studios in Greenwich Village, New York City and at Henson Recording Studio in Los Angeles, California, USA.
- It was mixed at MixStar Studios in Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA and mastered at Sterling Sound in Edgewater, New Jersey, USA.
- When it was recorded, mixed and mastered, Randy Merrill served as the mastering engineer along with recording engineers Laura Sisk and Ken Lewis, mixing engineer Serban Ghenea, assistant mixed engineer Bryce Bordone and assistant engineers John Rooney, Jon Sher, Jonathan Garcia, Mark Aguilar and Megan Searl.
- Earning over 16.4 million plays in its first 24 hours on Spotify globally, it recorded the second biggest opening day for a song in the platform’s history behind the “Midnights” lead single “Anti-Hero“.
- In the U.S., it debuted at number 2 on the Billboard Hot 100 behind “Anti-Hero” at number 1.
- Written and directed by Swift, its music video starred Laith Ashley, an American model and trans activist of Dominican descent.
Categories: Entertainment, music, NEWS, North America, United States
Leave a Reply