Pierre Lear is a Haitian-American man from Brookings, Brookings County, South Dakota, United States. He and his adopted sister Ange-Laurette Lear were both born in Port-au-Prince, Haiti in the same year.
When Pierre’s parents realized they could not afford to send him to school, they put him up for adoption and brought her to the orphanage where his mother worked as a cook. He is the youngest of five.
Piere is 6’2″ tall and his registered weight is 178 pounds. Here are 13 more things about him:
- On January 12, 2010, he and Ange-Laurette survived the catastrophic magnitude 7.0 Mw earthquake that struck Haiti. On January 18, 2010, 45th Pennsylvania, USA governor Ed Rendell flew him, Ange-Laurette and 52 other adoptees to Pittsburgh, Allegheny Count, Pennsylvania on humanitarian visas.
- In March 2010, Bruce Lear and Jill Lear adopted him and Ange-Laurette.
- In 2018, he was the track and field state champion in the 110 and 300 hurdles in South Dakota.
- On June 7, 2019, he graduated from Watertown High School in Watertown, Codington County, South Dakota. He was a member of the school’s varsity basketball team.
- In August 2019, he entered South Dakota State University in Brookings to pursue a bachelor’s degree in sports and park management.
- In May 2021, he finished third and tied for sixth all-time at South Dakota State University with his 14.38 clocking in the men’s 110m hurdles finals at the Summit League Outdoor Championships in Vermillion, Clay County, South Dakota.
- In November 2021, he and his girlfriend Shania Ann Knutson went to Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA.
- On February 26, 2022, he finished first in 60m hurdles at the Summit League Championships in Grand Forks, North Dakota, USA.
- On March 20, 2022, he proposed to Knutson and she said yes.
- On April 14, 2022, he finished second in 110m hurdles at the Pacific Coast Invitational in Long Beach, California, USA. On April 24, 2022, he and Knutson were in South Dakota State University where her family received the South Dakota Future Farmers of America Foundation‘s 2022 Family of the Year award.
- On May 6, 2022, he finished second in 110m hurdles at the South Dakota Twilight in Sioux Falls, Minnehaha County, South Dakota.
- On December 9, 2022, he finished first in 60m hurdles at the Icebreaker Open in Minneapolis, Hennepin County, Minnesota, USA.
- He was 22 years old when he finished first on January 27, 2023 in 60m hurdles at the Colorado Invitational in Boulder, Boulder County, Colorado, USA. He is set to marry Knutson in Volga, Brookings County on June 23, 2023.
Categories: North America, United States, LISTS, biographical data, Haiti
1 reply »