Cordarlrius Sledge, also known as Cordarlriu Sledge, is a black man from Tennessee, United States. Here are 10 more things about him:
- He is a resident of Memphis, Shelby County, Tennessee.
- On April 24, 2012, he was arrested in Shelby County and charged with assault-bodily harm, domestic assault-bodily harm, evading arrest, failure to appear for booking/process, harassment, possession of a controlled substance (marijuana) and two count of theft of property worth $500 or less.
- On February 11, 2013, he allegedly assaulted a woman with a baseball bat in Frayser, Shelby County. He was convicted of aggravated assault and sentenced to three years in prison.
- On May 16, 2015, he was strip-searched and beat at Shelby County Division of Corrections in Memphis allegedly by officers Demetrius Haley and David Dyson under the supervision of Danny McClain.
- On May 17, 2015, he noticed significant bleeding out of his ear. He later suffered partial hearing loss.
- On April 19, 2016, he filed a federal civil rights complaint against Haley, Dyson and McClain. Without a lawyer, he was unable to complete the necessary paperwork on his own while in federal custody.
- In October 2017, he was charged with being a felon in possession of firearm.
- On March 2, 2018, Judge Thomas Anderson dismissed the lawsuit he filed against Haley, Dyson and McClain because he had not properly served one of the defendants with a summons.
- On January 25, 2023, he was contacted by NBC News and was informed that Haley was one of the five Memphis Police Department officers accused of being directly responsible for the physical abuse of Tyre Nichols, who died on January 10, 2023. He told the publication, “I just hope that those officers get what they deserve and set an example for the rest of officers.”
- He was 34 years old when he found out on January 25, 2023 that the Memphis Police Department fired Haley on January 20, 2023.
Categories: biographical data, LISTS, North America, United States
1 reply »